Saturday, February 4, 2012

Vic Vicini


For the past decade or so, I rediscovered oil and have not looked backed. My subject matter focuses on objects of nostalgia. My parents both came from San Marino, Italy and you can imagine food was a big part of my upbringing. I enjoyed the culture of my heritage but my ambition as a youth was to discover America and all its charm. Memories of a typical American breakfast or dinner as a kid, going to little diners with my Dad and helping my little Italian Grandmother in the kitchen are things that are in my thoughts when I paint my still life's. Whether its vintage cars, old toasters or retro food packaging art, these are thoughts and images that play a strong influence in my art. It seems that if it is retro more than likely I will put it on canvas.